Monday 25 April 2011

Rot In Hell Charity Auction

Everyone's favourite ex Seconds Out band, Rot In Hell, held an online charity auction recently. Inspired by Jules from Side By Side's auction to help the victims of the Japanese earthquake/tsunami, the bass player from RIH held his own sale of rare items, with all of the proceeds generously going to himself. Since I have met this dude at least twice, and know that he could do with all the help he could get, I happily dispatched two days of earnings post haste. For this kind offering, I was sent a box containing the band's greatest hits.

First up is the ridiculously limited 7" made for a music festival in Baltimore, US of A. This record goes by the title of "Ulthedinn', although you can pretty much call it anything starting with a 'U'. I have previously referred to it as 'Urethra', 'Urine' and 'Ultimate Dinner'. Only thirty of these things were made, and the rumour is that they were hand crafted by a man using a lathe in his shed.

These were originally wrapped in a hat, but mine doesn't have one because apparently it was given to someone from Integrity. In a way that's better seeing as a hat would not doubt present me with storage issues and stress me out. If you are interested, however, you can see the headware HERE.

My copy also had loads of gadgets included, like two patches, a CD (of the 'Niu' recording) and a book. A fairly impressive package.

Next up is the test(icle) press of the 'Niu' 12" that came out on A389 Recordings. This one comes in a bright red sleeve, which I like. Also, good to see a record manufactured at an American pressing plant rather than that dodgy euro one that Tre likes.

Next, one of the two record release versions of the split 7" with Wayfarer. I was supposed to get both versions ages ago in a trade with vocalist John Thin Ice, but unfortunately he got confused and messed it up. This was sold at an all dayer here in the UK held by Carry The Weight Records. There's a flyer for the show included and it comes with a rune stone.

Finally, a test press of the split 7" with Wayfarer. The sleeve for this one is a single sheet which contains so much ink that it is surely only a matter of time before it self combusts.

Don't you just love charity?

8 comments:

Sean said...

Man, I spoke with Mark about that very Úlfhéðinn 7". Would have been mine had you not paid a total bucket load for it. Thanks. For nothing. ;)

Anonymous said...

Marcus,
I think I should tell you, your comedy posts are not that funny.
Don't give up the day job just yet.

mcs said...

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Greatly appreciated. However, please note that i do manage to make myself laugh with this crap, so i will probably carry on. I wasn't planning on giving up my day job either, although no doubt if i could make the same money writing this drivel then i would definitely do that since it is much more entertaining than what i do in real life.

If you have any tips on how i could add further comedic elements to my stories, i would love to hear them.

Lins87 said...

A fucking rune stone hahahahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Leopard print vans hahahaha

breadman said...

I thought it was funny marcus!

mcs said...

Thanks, Mark. If it made you chuckle then I'm happy.

Lins87 said...

Hey whats wrong with leopard print vans, at least they have some value i.e you can wear them. Unless your Harry Potter what can you do with a rune stone?? :)