Tuesday 26 April 2011

Hands Tied 7" on Gold

Hands Tied 'Through The Wreckage' 7" on gold vinyl. This came out on Livewire Records late last year. It didn't make my top 5 7"s of the year list, although with hindsight, it probably should have done. I guess I didn't play it enough when I first got it, but after a while it ended up as a regular gym hit and in time I have found that it is one of those records that I simply cannot tire of. Fast & hard straight edge hardcore played by older dudes who have been around for years and who obviously still know what the fuck is going on. Unfortunately though it seems that not many other people know what is going on, because I was the only bidder for this item on ebay. I won it for $3, which seems even more crazy when you consider that this is the more limited colour out of 100 copies. I missed this when it came out because I was going through my prog rock phase.

The seller also offered me the red vinyl copy too for nothing. He had tried to sell it on ebay but got no bids, so asked me if I would like it thrown in for free with the gold one. I actually said no, seeing as I already have the red one & I didn't want this dude to lose a bit of money in sending it over to me... but he very kindly sent it anyway. What a true gentleman! You can see it here alongside the gold copy in a scene reminiscent of top (bottom) John Cusack film 'High Fidelity':

Anyway, as I already have this on red, I thought I would keep the generosity train running and offer it to someone for the same price I paid for it... which, in case you're a bit slow, is zero. If you want it, let me know & it's yours (unless you're a bellend, of course, in which case I will most likely give it to someone more deserving).

5 comments:

Dustin said...

I'd gladly take it off your hands, but I live in the U.S. so it might be a bit pricey to ship.

Anonymous said...

you dude,
If you fancy it ill take it off your hands, i live in the UK, and would more than happlily send you something in return?

Dan

mcs said...

VocalxTest - I would have said I'll give it to you if you pay the shipping. But then again, you could probably buy one on ebay yourself for the price of shipping from the UK to the States... so I wouldn't really be doing you a favour! Anyway, I figure that if I'm going to give something away for free I'd rather it cost me as little as possible to do that, so for that reason I'd rather give it to someone in this country. Hope you understand!

Dan - it's yours if you want it. Please email me.

Dustin said...

Marcus - very good point. I'll just wait for another to come up on eBay.

Mike said...

I love the way the X reflects off the gold vinyl in your photo of both colors of vinyl.