Wednesday 10 November 2010

Trade!

Good trade with my friend Mark recently. He somehow managed to pick up more copies of the latest Hands Tied 7" than he needed, which suited me fine seeing as (like a fool) I never actually got around to ordering it. This copy is on red vinyl, which is (I think) the less rare of the two colours available. If anyone wants to send a gold vinyl copy my way, feel free!

I don't know much about this 7". I mean, I know that Hands Tied were around in about '96/'97 and released a 7" on Equal Vision. And I know that they have a discography coming out at some point. And I know that they have reformed recently to play some shows. But I am not sure if these are brand new songs, recently written, or whether these songs were previously written but just never released. Anyone wanna fill me in? Well anyway, these two songs are just what you would expect. Straight up, straight edge hardcore. I always preferred Hands Tied to Mouthpiece and this 7" just reinforces that opinion. Good stuff.

The second record I got from Mark is this original pressing of the 'Streetcleaner' LP by Godflesh on Earache Records:

I love bands like Godflesh at this time of year. This feels the perfect soundtrack to coming home in the dark, sitting on a train with nothing but blackness outside, feeling like I'm riding into oblivion. I guess in some ways I am.

1 comment:

Lins87 said...

Old songs recorded lately, as far as I'm aware.