Monday 25 October 2010

Rain On The Parade 7" Redcheeks Edition

This is one of the more difficult 7"s to find for anyone who is, like me, still collecting Rain On The Parade records - the Robbie Redcheeks edition of the first 7". I got this through a private sale and, after I had made the offer and had it accepted, it dawned on me that I had never even seen this thing, so I asked for photos. I mean, I didn't want to pay for some rubbish variation, I wanted to make sure that it was different enough to warrant paying for. As it turns out, yes, it is - it has a full colour sleeve.

There are only 25 copies of this thing, numbered on the paper dust sleeve. My copy also has a hand written message which says "Wanna buy a dialler? 50 bucks!!" and there's a picture of some phone tone dialler glued on which has been cut out of a magazine or catalog. I don't know if all copies have the same message on the dust sleeve or whether each one is unique, but presumably this is some kind of in joke that I can't even begin to understand. If someone could explain this it would be appreciated.

This also comes with a little zine called 'xForWhat?x' which I hadn't seen before. It describes itself as a 'bitter edge fanzine' and basically just has pages of rants next to lyrics from songs by some 90s bands. It was put together by ROTP bass player Matt Smith. I'm guessing he was pretty young when he did this. It's not a particularly good read.

I still need a few more ROTP records to get near to a complete collection. A test of the first 7" would be nice, plus I need a yellow sleeve final pressing of the 2nd 7" and a test of the third 7". And a test of the LP. I know, I know... never gonna happen. But then again, stranger things have happened it the past...

8 comments:

-cja said...

i have a copy of this too (as well as a Rain Crew). mine has a pic of a young Matt Smith. i don't remember what the message is.

TreTillDeath said...

Hello I am private sale!

All of them had unique messages, I picked this one cause I thought it was the coolest.

Enjoy!

Alternate 1995 said...

"phone tone dialer" aka blue box.

Anonymous said...

Robbie used to sell dialers at shows way back in the day

Anonymous said...

how much is this worth? I have one! i cant find much reference on it.

Anonymous said...

There is one on ebay right now!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190502487971#ht_500wt_947

mcs said...

No chance will anyone pay $100 for that. No way.

Anonymous said...

how bout 75$ : )