Wednesday 27 October 2010

Our Gang 'Uprising' LP

Ok, so I don't know much about this band at all, but after reading an interview with Our Gang a while ago on Double Cross, something just made me want this record.

Our Gang were a New York hardcore band that was around in the late 80s and played in the glory days of New York hardcore scene. They tick all the boxes - they played at CBGB's and The Anthrax, recording with Don Fury, and were (supposed to be) on the New Breed comp, but didn't submit their song because they didn't think it was good enough. But despite all of this, they never had a record out. Well, until someone recently (twenty odd years later) decided to press their recorded output onto vinyl. I ordered direct from the label so I could get the blue vinyl (not sure how many were made).

One thing I really liked about this record was the mp3 download card. It's just a regular card with a code on one side, but the other side is made to look like a cassette. Looks really cool and is a nice touch:

If you want one of these things then you can find the details here - Jack Roy Records

Or to read the interview as featured on Double Cross, go here:

Our Gang Interview Part 1

Our Gang Interview Part 2

3 comments:

Mike said...

I had never heard this band before today. Downloaded some stuff this morning, and now I need to order a copy of this!

Alternate 1995 said...

I thought that was a cassette till I read all the way through the post. I was getting ready for you to say it came with a tape too haha.

XXX said...

They are on the New breed comp tape...