Tuesday 17 August 2010

VValpurgisnacht 4th press

It doesn't seem like it was only three weeks ago that I put up pics of my latest two copies of the Integrity 'VValpurgisnacht' 7"... but it was... and here I am doing exactly the same again three Tuesdays later!

This time, I have four colours of wax from the fourth(!) pressing. For those of you who don't know or care (which is probably most of you), the difference between the fourth press and previous pressings is that the sleeve now features a silver Charlie (instead of a red one). Here's an example:

So yeah, there were a few different colours of wax made for this fourth pressing. A couple were stupidly limited... but I was lucky enough to hit up the A389 Store before they sold out. So here's what I ended up with:

As you can see, a couple of these colours are pretty similar, but this is what I think the picture shows (with numbers made shown in brackets):

Burnt Red (25), Grape (Standard Pressing Color)
Blueberry/Blue Marble (50), Bubblegum/Pink (150)

I now have a ridiculous number of copies of this record. But the worst thing is, there are still a couple more from this recent repress that I still need. And like any self-respecting idiot, I know I'm going to have to add them to my collection or feel like my life is somehow lacking. Oh dear...

4 comments:

-cja said...

haha you're insane! i used to collect every color of certain records but stopped some 3-4 years ago. shit will make you crazy BUT at least it keeps you on the hunt!

Ghola Merrick said...

There is also a gold cover version of this record that you get from the band.

Lins87 said...

bloody hell!

Anonymous said...

All you have to do is shove that lemon 7" in a platinum sleeve and you will have one of the #10 "lemonade" 7"s or #11 as it would be!
That or buy my lemonade #10!!!
This is a case in point of labels taking the piss.