Tuesday 31 August 2010

Integrity / Hatebreed 7" on Green

Integrity week, day 2. I have had to change the plan for today's post due to not having much time left before bedtime, due to getting home late, due to a last minute meeting with a friend that I hadn't seen for a long time. So today's entry is pretty short...

Integrity split 7" with Hatebreed... on green vinyl:

This has always felt like the weirdest of all Integrity records to me. It's also the one Integrity record that I always seem to forget even exists. Aside from both bands being on the same record label in 1997, I have no idea what Integrity & Hatebreed had in common nor why they were paired up on a 7". This always seemed like a record that someone released because both bands were pretty popular in '97, and thus a split seemed like a sure-fire way to make some fast money. Anyway, I only bought this because I saw it on eBay & its an Integrity record that I don't have. I mean, I have it, obviously, just not on this colour wax. Except, of course, now I do.

7 comments:

Forgerelli said...

Stillborn Records is owned by Jamie Jasta of Hatebreed. Back then I'd see Jamie at all the big shows in the Connecticut area. He was usually selling stuff and he was a huge Integrity fan. I seem to recall him saying he wanted his band to have a record with Integrity.

Back then he was all about the money, don't know him anymore. But I wouldn't buy anything from him after he jacked up the the price on a Bloodlet 7" after they had a few hundred confiscated at the Canadian border. He started charging double. Lame.

breadman said...

I'm pretty sure this came out before hatebreed were big too. they were big in CT but don't think the victory record had come out yet.....i'm going off memory here though.

Nathan said...

Think this split came out before Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire, there were ceratinly flyers floating around for it for ages before. I'm sure this split happened simply because Jamie was bang into Integ, no more no less.

-cja said...

from what I was told, Dwid pretty much gave into Jamie's non-stop requests to do a split 7" with them. also, if i'm not mistaken, this took a few years to come out.

Lecky said...

Hatebreed were talking excitedly about doing this record when we toured with them in 1995, while we were on tour they had confirmation that Integrity were up for it. A few days later they were following our van to the Chicago show but turned off the road and went in another direction but never turned up at the show. The next day we asked what had happened, they told us they went to Tony Brummel's house and signed a record deal with Victory.

mcs said...

Great story, Lecky. Thanks for sharing that!

rohnert park cell phone said...

Hi There, I just spent a little time reading through your posts, which I found entirely by mistake whilst researching one of my projects. Please continue to write more because it’s unusual that someone has something interesting to say about this. Will be waiting for more!