Wednesday 23 June 2010

It's 1997, I'm 27, I have a bad credit report

Gordo from Double Cross was selling some records recently. I saw a list on the Livewire Board and sent off an email with a long(ish) list of stuff I was interested in, but got a reply to say that nearly all of them had gone. I was still happy though, because the thing I wanted most was still available. I was all set to pay when I got another email from Gordo saying that he would let me have some of the other items I wanted, because some dude had reserved some stuff but hadn't paid & seemed unreliable. So I paid like a good citizen and a few days later I got the goods...

The thing I had wanted most was this LP:

There were (I think) only 100 of these on red. This has been on my want list for many years. I had a chance to buy one not so long ago for $70 which I didn't take. So getting this for $35 seemed like a good deal.

The second item I was excited by was a red vinyl copy of a record that I already own on blue vinyl - the 'Time Is Now' comp that came with the Tension Building zine, circa 1997 I think.

Red is the rarest colour, being numbered out of 83 copies (although technically there is a rarer version - a solid red, which is out of 25 copies, which I doubt I will ever see):

I got one of these things when it came out. I still have the zine I bought years ago, but I think I only ever read it once. But I remembered that there was a great quote from Chris Zusi in the Floorpunch interview:

Pretty funny how I thought this was cool when I first read it, but now, being a bit older I am exactly the kind of person he is talking about. Ha!

Next is another record that has been on my want list for a long time. I just never got around to picking this one up. I've had numerous opportunities to grab this over the years, but I always figured I would wait and score it for a cheap price. Finally that day came. Breakaway 7" on blue vinyl on Teamwork / Consequence Records. Nice one to have mate:

Next up, more entries in the 'straight edge hardcore compilation 7"s from 1997' category. I could feel myself wanting to collect this comp for a while now. So I took the opportunity to grab three versions at once. The blue vinyl with blue letters on the sleeve:

The white vinyl in the blue lettered sleeve:

If memory serves correctly, the blue letters were the second press. First press was red letters. And this is where I fucked up. I picked up a clear vinyl copy from the first pressing:

But when it arrived I realised that this is the version that I already have. Turns out that I need the red vinyl one. Damn. It's not a good situation when I don't even know what I have anymore. But my loss is your gain. This is spare and available for you to buy or trade from me.

Next up, a Carry On 7". I already have one of these. This is a spare. I just picked it up because the price seemed good. Thought I could trade this with someone. Could be your lucky day, punk.

And also, same deal on this great split 7"... I already have it. This is a spare for trade purposes:

Come on, let's make some trades people!

4 comments:

-cja said...

i have every single version of that Time is Now comp. even an alternate cover (it's the same cover but not a gloss paper). i'd probably be down to trade or something. i'll take pics of what i've got.

-cja said...

um, i meant... it's the same ART work yet not on a gloss paper stock.

mcs said...

I'd email you if i could find an address.

Or you could just email me. My address is there if you click on my profile.

Lins87 said...

$10 for my Half Off Lp on red!!! I win! ;)