Sunday 6 June 2010

Iron Age LP Test

I was tidying up the other day and realised that I had completely forgotten about something I picked up a few weeks ago. But you know what they say - better late than never.

This is a test press of the Iron Age 'The Sleeping Eye' LP. This is a test press of the UK version, released by Full Tilt World records, numbered out of ten:

As you can see, there's no sleeve for this one - it just comes in the paper dust sleeve. However, I picked this up when I picked up a batch of the clear vinyl ones, and one of those clear ones was wrecked - the package had been dropped (not by me) and one of them had been scuffed on the floor, as you can see here:

It's a shame, but this can't be salvaged. I'm going to have to bin it. But in a way it helped, because it left me with a spare sleeve, which I decided to use to house the test:

Ok, so it may not be technically correct to keep the test in a sleeve that it didn't come in, but I'd rather put it in something.

At the same time, I also picked up two copies of the UK pressing on black vinyl:

This one features slightly different artwork to the US pressings. The back of the sleeve is different, being more zoomed in on the rocks and showing less sky. It also features song titles, which the other versions do not:

Here's the back of the original US pressing as a comparison so you can see what I am talking about:

The first fifty UK black copies also came with the poster, but one that is printed on thin, glossy paper. These posters are numbered out of 50. I think these were for pre-orders.

I have a spare black vinyl copy if anyone wants it. I also still have one spare of the clear vinyl too numbered out of 100 (see HERE). Get in touch if interested.

6 comments:

baby gorilla said...

i def want that one on clear what are you looking for

mcs said...

How about those SOIA 7"s that you have about 400 copies of?

Unknown said...

Spare Black copy being the UK version? What do you want for it?

Unknown said...

Hehe... Ill trade you my new zine/7" plus some cash?
http://wearepretentiousassholes.blogspot.com/2010/05/zine-is-ready.html

baby gorilla said...

def

mcs said...

Tru - email me. marcusxandrews and the gmail and the dot com.