Tuesday 8 September 2009

Consolidation Test Press

Ok, so this entry concerns a record that is very close to my heart... a 7" compilation of UK hardcore bands from the 92/93 era. This era and this record appeared at the time I was just starting to discover straight edge and the UK hardcore punk scene, and helped give me an insight into something that has both helped and shaped my life for many years now.

"Consolidation - a UK Hardcore Compilation EP" was released by Armed With Anger Records in either late 1992 or early 1993. I picked it up in late 1993. I then saw a couple of the bands play at a festival at the legendary 1in12 Club. And that was it. I was hooked.

This new addition to my collection is a test press. I just won it on eBay from the guy who owned the label that released it. There are apparently only two of these in existence. I own one and Lecky owns the other... which means that if anyone else out there wants one, they have approximately no chance whatsoever.

I also picked up a variation of the Dead Wrong 7" that the same label put out. This is the "found pressing"... which I think means that the label ran out of covers and then had to make some more. The regular sleeve was white, but this version has a red sleeve with picture glued on the front, and his hand-numbered on the inside:

I ripped both of these 7"s to mp3. I figured I would upload them in case anyone is interested. They're both 320kbps and good quality. Here ya go:

Consolidation 7"

Dead Wrong 7"

1 comment:

Alternate 1995 said...

downloads, nice. Someones got some time on his arms......I mean hands.