Wednesday 1 July 2009

Street Trash 12"

My newest record is the self-titled 12" by Street Trash:


This thing came out a few years ago. I don't even know when to be honest. 2005? Earlier? Later? I have no idea. I only picked up on this band because they had a 7" out on My War Records, which was one of those labels that I just trusted. The Street Trash 7" they put out was interesting in a "it's so shit it's good" kinda way. Like, these dudes don't really have any musical talent or ability, and the vocals are pretty terrible too... but they still crank out some fast, obnoxious tunes which almost sound like they could have been recorded in about 1982 or something. The record is a one-sided affair with some stupid crap screened on the b-side:

The only thing I don't like about this is that the screen-printed side seems to have given them an excuse not to make a cover, so it just comes in a crappy clear picture disc sleeve. Maybe they just ran out of money? Who knows?

1 comment:

Alternate 1995 said...

they should have just silk screened that onto a white jacket and numbered them. That reverse picture disk is weird.