Monday 1 June 2009

F Bargains

Picked up a cheap Fastbreak 7" recently. Grabbed this for $3. No idea on the pressing info of this to be honest. I have one on red and one on clear, but they both have different colour sleeves. This one looks better if you ask me. Anyone know the pressing info for this record?

I had a member of Fastbreak stay at my house once. Luke Garro. He was in Piebald at the time. Nice guy. Shame the rest of them were miserable humourless bastards.. well, except the one who likes like Adam from Cave In, but he slept in the van.

I also grabbed an LP from the same seller that was going cheap from another band whose name begins with an "F"... Fall Silent. This is their first LP (I think) called "Superstructure". I have a couple of 7"s by this band that I picked up about '97 that I like, but I never got around to listening to anything else. Given that this was only $6 I figured I would give it a chance. It comes with one of the worst covers of all time:

Not sure I ever realised, but this band ended up on Revelation. Weird. I guess they probably got signed when Converge were blowing up, seeing as they have that kinda sound. I don't listen to stuff like this these days. Although, that said, I found myself enjoying this. Shame the cover's so awful. I can't wait to file this one away.

6 comments:

Mike said...

I love that Fastbreak 7 inch...oh hell, I love all the Fastbreak records. I really need to start collecting these...have no idea about the pressing info though.

breadman said...

email nick baran.....third party has a my spcae now so it looks like the old site is down.....that had all the pressing info on it.
I love fastbreak upto when they signed to rev. they turned into shite then.
jah bless
boardman

hop said...

According to the Third Party myspace, could be "one of the 125 copies on yellow marble in the white/green sleeve that the second press came in way back in 1996."

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=9045142&blogId=134185770

I always wanted to get the Fastbreak 'Where It Lies' record that Standhard put out but never managed to get my hands on one

Nab/JSY said...

I just watched that Piebald DVD and they seemd really fun guys, weird.

I didn't now the drummer was in Fastbreak. It made my day!

XjamesX said...

I believe this is the second press, Gold Vinyl out of 100.
There is a fourth press on Yellow Vinyl, but that has the blue/black sleeve and is more of a Banana Yellow colour so can't be mistaken / confused for this press. I've been collecting Fastbreak for a long time, and $3 is definately a very good price for that record :)

Unknown said...

How awesome is it that I sold you these records and now I'm looking at you posting about them? I've sold a ton of records, lots of them way more rare than these, I know of one other post that wrote about something I've sold. I wonder if anyone else has blogged about the records.