Monday 2 March 2009

Instant Burden Collection

It's funny, but when you start to get old time seems to whizz by and you lose track of how many years have passed. There are some bands that I always planned to get around to listening to at some stage, but never did. One of these was BURDEN. I distinctly remember Burden coming up in conversation with Bedard on the first Bane euro tour in 2000. At that time I had heard of Burden but never actually heard them. I also knew that they had a 7" and a few copies came on red vinyl, and I made a mental note to check them out and pick up the 7".

What happened next is that, somehow, nearly 9 years passed without me managing to pick up that record. Nine years! I suppose the band didn't blow up as big as some others, so the record never quite made it onto my "must hear asap" list. And time ticked on. And then recently, Jason Kolins (vocalist) was selling some records via internet message boards, and I figured it would be a good time to pick up that 7". I emailed Jason, and managed to also pick up everything else that Burden released in one go:

The first 7" on red is limited to only 50 copies, apparently. I also got the LP and the second 7", both of which were put out by a euro label, Dead Serious records. Jason was also kind enough to throw in a couple of CDs, which were very much appreciated.

Listening to these records, I'm kicking myself for overlooking this band for so long. This is great hardcore. Check out their myspace page, where you can still pick up a couple of these records if you so wish:

www.myspace.com/burden

No comments: