Tuesday 2 December 2008

Trade!

When the exchange rate drops and buying becomes expensive, dudes need to be resourceful and get their vinyl fix somewhere else. So I arranged a trade with my friend Mark. I've known Mark for about 13 or 14 years now and have traded records with him many times. He's a pretty easy guy to deal with. This time around he was able to help me with one of my newest fascinations, Godflesh...

The main interest I had was the Godflesh 7" on Sub Pop:

Apparently this one came on red, grey and also black vinyl. I'm happy to get a colour, although I think grey must be rarer since I haven't seen that one, whereas the red seems relatively common.

Next out of the box was a Godflesh 12" called "Pure", on Earache Records:

I'm into this band a lot, although they seem to have put out about 6000 records and I am not sure I can be bothered to try to track them all down. Actually, who am I kidding? Of course I'm going to track them all down. That's what I do.

The next item Mark sent me is a funny one. The final pressing of the Ray & Porcell 7" on Revelation Records:

This one came out somewhere round 1997-99 I think. I got one from the label at the time. But mine has suffered from a little sleeve damage, so it is not quite mint. So this one is a replacement. This means that I now have number 62/100 going spare. Get in touch if you want it.

Next one is the Iron Boots 7" repress on Grave Mistake records on grey:

And finally, a freebie that I wasn't expecting, from a band called Civic Progress. Not sure what this is like. I'll probably get around to finding out in about 2012 at this rate.

No comments: