Monday 15 September 2008

Short Announcements

Taking a break from the schedule for a moment to make a couple of short announcements:

1. NEW BLOGS TO CHECK OUT

If you like this blog, and if you generally like looking at pictures of records and reading about records, there are two blogs that I have picked up on lately that you should check out.

The first is done by Lins87, a fine British gent who has sang for UK bands such as Vengeance Of Gaia, Break It Up & (currently) Sick Humour. His blog reflects on records in his collection, both old and new. He's been into hardcore for many years so some of these stories make for interesting reads:

http://neverendinggame-lins87.blogspot.com

The second blog is by a guy called Mike based in Maine in the US of A. Mike is also an 'older' guy, whose blog is similar to mine in that he documents everything new he gets in the mail.

http://recordnerdyo.blogspot.com

Coincidentally, both dudes have used the exact same template and colour scheme for their blogs.


2. EDGE DAY

I don't know the exact date, but at some point in September 1994 I announced to my friends I was going straight edge. They laughed at me. My friend Neil told me that if I made it six months he would buy me a 7", and if I made it a year then he would buy me an LP.

Fourteen years. Where the hell are my records dude?

4 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks for throwing my name up there. I loving the blog from Lins87 as well. Too funny that we all use the same template and colors.

Edge Day. 18 years for me this year! Wow.

About X Face said...

Fourteen and eighteen years between you! Staying power!

Do you guys still fully buzz for it or do you just live happy with the way you are, it not being something you think about too much? I'm coming up on eight years.

mcs said...

I wouldn't say I buzz for it. I just chose to stop doing something that I didn't like.

I guess it's kinda like if you don't like a particular food. You don't like it so you don't eat it. There's nothing to question. It's your own taste and preference. It's the way you are.

Mike said...

I'm not sure if I "buzz" for it, but there are times that I'll hear a straight edge song, or X up for a show, and I'll get excited about The Edge.