Wednesday 24 September 2008

Bent Corners

It feels like ages since I got any new records. In reality it's been five days. And only five days because I have been sick for two days and didn't go to work to collect my mail, otherwise it would actually have been only three days. Anyway, today I got a parcel of eBay wins. First item was a tour version of the first Blacklisted 12". The flimsy piece of card shown here is instead of a sleeve, which I'm not really into at all:

To make matters worse, the lyric sheet and dust sleeve arrived with the corners all bent up. This is because the dude sent the LP wrapped in bubble wrap and brown paper. No cardboard at all. The worst thing is that I had bought an LP from this guy a few weeks previous and he had done the same thing. So this time I specifically asked him to ensure that the records were packed in thick card to avoid them getting damaged in transit. But the dude obviously decided to ignore me. Check it:

So now I'm not sure what to do. On the one hand, he did send it pretty damn quickly. And the 7"s (shown below) arrived in great shape. But the LP arrived with corners bent because he ignored my specific and reasonable request. So does this warrant negative feedback? I'm not sure. I think I'm going to ask for a partial refund and if I don't get that then maybe go for the negative feedback.


Next up is the first Right On 7" with a 'Sink With Cali 2005' sleeve, numbered out of 50, made to look like the Straight Ahead 12", which I think is really cool:

Finally, the Lights Out 7" with a Record Release sleeve from 2004, numbered out of 115:

The cool thing is that this came with a coupon. I think what happened is that the 7" wasn't actually ready for the release show, so people in attendance got given a token, which they could then exchange for the 7" when it was ready. So it's cool that this one comes with the actual coupon included. But what's funny about this one is that it is numbered in three places - on the back of the sleeve, on the coupon, and on the dust sleeve. However, the dust sleeve is number 92/115, whereas the sleeve and coupon are both number 95/115:

What an embarrassing cock-up for all concerned!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Over the past week, I had been watching eBay on a couple auctions for that Lights Out 7 inch...never did bid on any of them. I was surpised to see them selling for relatively low amounts.