Thursday 28 August 2008

Hammer Bros - The Kids Are Dead LP

It seems like yesterday that I got the Hammer Bros LP (see HERE) although, admittedly, that was after months of waiting. So when I found out a new LP had just come out I was surpised. It felt like a new LP three months after the last one. In reality though, it's probably been easily more than a year since the last one was recorded. I always liked this band, even though most people seem to think they're shite.

This new album is out on a label I had never heard of before - Welfare Records. Their online store didn't work for me and tried to charge me $87 for shipping, so I emailed the dude and he helped me out. I paid for two LPs and they came in 5 days, which is amazing service. Thanks Mike!

I was lucky enough to get the release show version, numbered out of 50. The sleeve is a regular sleeve with a different print stuck over the front. It subtley changes the name of the album fro "The Kids Are Dead" to "The Pigs Are Dead" and shows a picture of some dude punching the crap out of a pig with a police hat on. Nice work.

I also picked up the regular version on limited green vinyl with regular sleeve. I'm not really into the art on the front of the sleeve, although I do like the back of the sleeve:


After one listen I can safely report that this is a good record... although you probably won't believe me.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Glad to see that someone likes The Hammer Bros. They were easily the most underrated band of the 2000s, shame they broke up in August, but at least they put out Sleep Forever as one last final "fuck you" to hype hardcore and trendy fucks. Best band, they killed it live too.