Wednesday 9 July 2008

Reality - Altered States 7"

REALITY is a new UK band that I know nothing about. I mainly bought this because it was released by new UK label called Shutout Records, which is run by a good dude called Billy 27 (whose biggest dilemma in life seems to be which pair of trainers to wear - see his blog in my links for evidence).



The record isn't much to look at, being pressed only on black GZ vinyl, but having said that, I was stoked to get one of the '2 Real Crew' pre-order covers, "numbered" out of 50:



I haven't heard this band before, but this is good hardcore. Actually, no... this is REALLY good hardcore. I'm generally bad at describing how bands sound, but this reminds me of Right Brigade, Stop And Think and Knockdown. HARDcore. And these guys do it well. The lyrics are also pretty good. Not corny or stupid. Usually I lower the bar when listening to UK hardcore bands, because the majority are behind the standard of their US counterparts, but this definitely is not. I'm stoked on this record. I could imagine this band being at home on Bridge 9 (circa 2001) or Youngblood. Good shit.


Check out:
http://www.myspace.com/realitybrah


To order the 7" from Shutout Records:
http://shutoutrecords.bigcartel.com/

4 comments:

rgb said...

holy shit I never read this before but thanks so much dude, that is all exactly what I was going for. you may have inspired me haha

mcs said...

Never seen it before... so how exactly have you stumbled upon it a year and a half later?

Good 7" though. I still rock it in the gym from time to time.

CJC said...

Once again sRGB why did we split up?

rgb said...

I was trying to find the lyrics to strictly saucers and this site came up in google, not even joking.