Monday 19 May 2008

Union 7"

In 1996 I bought a 7" compilation called "The Sunny Side Of Louisville". Unsurprisingly, it contained songs by bands from Louisville, none of whom were particularly well known. It featured By The Grace Of God (the "big" band of the time), Castner, Four Rose Society, and Union. At the time, I liked the comp a lot, and tried to find more music by all of the bands involved. I managed to get a Four Rose Society 7", but that was about it. Around the same time, some dude I knew somehow picked up a 7" by Union. I tried to track it down, but accidentally bought a 7" by a different band called Union, who were on Ferret Records. And that 7" was pretty good at the time. But the 7" by the Louisville band Union always eluded me. Until now.


I picked this up on ebay for $3.25. As I write this it has just occurred to me that this has been on my want list for about 12 years. That seems completely crazy to me. I've never seriously chased it, but still... how did 12 years pass since I decided I wanted this record? I guess in that sense it's nice to finally pick it up. But is it any good? Well, in 2008 it's difficult to say. It sounds a little like the final Unbroken 7" after two listens. Not really the kind of thing I'm into these days. But I wouldn't say this is a bad record by any means. Now, does anyone know if this was pressed on colour...

No comments: