Monday 12 May 2008

Rot In Hell / Hordes 7"

Yet another Rot In Hell release! That's three 7"s in only a few short weeks. I think this one is my favourite so far musically speaking, although as an all round package I'd still say that demo 7" is by far the best - it's like a piece of art [see below]. There are 2 RIH songs on here and both rip. Total Integrity worship. But I figure that if you're gonna worship any band, Integrity is a good choice. There's also some advice on the lyric sheet - "Buy a fucking Integrity record". As long as it's not "Closure" of course...




Hordes I had never heard before. First song sounded really good... right up to the point at which the vocals came in. I think it would have been better if the vocals didn't come in at all. The second song was better though. I don't remember how it goes, but I found myself thinking "actually this is pretty good". Hordes also offer some advice on the lyric sheet, which is that I should "listen to Entombed", but I'm going to ignore that.

The worst thing about this record is that it was sent in paper-thin card, and the cover got bent to fuck in the mail. The creases are going to piss me off forever.

No comments: