Monday 19 May 2008

Jawbreaker Chesterfield King

I've had this record pretty much since it came out. Controversially, I don't even think it's very good. But I've always known that mine had a cover flaw, and should be replaced at some point. So I picked one up for a fair price on ebay last week.



The worst thing is that the new one I just got is not flawless either, and has a weird mark on the cover just under the Jawbreaker logo. However, this is by no means as bad as the mark my copy had left, which was caused by me removing the price sticker when I bought it. But to make up for it, the new copy is a little more discoloured and dirty than my copy. So now I have to decide which one to keep and which to sell/trade. And I'm not sure what to do. Should I get rid of the new one with the spot, or the one I've owned for 15 years with the sticker residue? Here are the two faults, side by side:




Hmmm. Not sure what to do. Any thoughts anyone?

No comments: