Monday 5 May 2008

Black Flag Family Man

Back in about 1992-93 I bought a few Black Flag records. I was new to collecting back then & didn't have a clue what was what, and just liked colour vinyl. I picked up a few Black Flag records on colour vinyl. Then someone told me that they were millionth press reissues, and I suddenly looked at them in a different way. They just weren't good enough anymore. I was almost embarrassed to own them because they were common as muck. So I sold them.

Fast forward to 2006. I sold an old friend's record collection for him. In the box were a couple of Black Flag LPs on colour. I was stoked to find them and kept them for myself. I also realised that it didn't matter whether these things aren't original pressings. They're still cool. So I decided to try to collect Black Flag LPs on colour vinyl. Two years later and I'm still miles away from having them all. But I'm one closer now.

"Family Man" on yellow. I never owned this record before. I disticntly remember looking at it in a shop in Camden in 1992/93. It had a sticker on the front that said "yellow vinyl". I think it was priced at about £7. For some reason I didn't want it. Probably to do with the text on the cover that says "A Spoken Word / Instrumental Record".




Picked up on eBay. Mint condition. Stoked. Distinctly unstoked about the charge from the post office though:


No comments: